Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cinnamon French Toast



















Wednesdays are breakfast for dinner at our house.  Breakfast is easy to make, everyone eats well (who doesn't like breakfast), and there's very rarely left-overs to worry about putting away.  And on church night those are three very important things.  Cinnamon french toast, mixed frozen berries, and bacon were on the menu this time.


Now this made 16 french toast, but you can easily change the amount of this recipe if needed.

I cracked 10 eggs and added some milk (I forgot to measure this but would guess about 1/3 of a cup)


Beat the eggs then add 1 - 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon and beat the mix some more.

Now you can use texas toast, day old bread, or just plain sandwich bread.  I used a whole loaf of sandwich bread (cause that's what was avialable)

Cook on medium heat try to only flip them once if you can

We had an escape attempt and I burnt a few but not so bad dh, aka the garbage disposal, wouldn't eat them.

I had a little bit of extra time before Matthew got home so I stuck the french toast in the oven to keep warm and cooked up some bacon.  I also served this with some frozen fruit, I think this was the kiddos favorite part.


Cinnamon French Toast
yields 16

10 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup of milk
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
16 slices (whole loaf) sandwich bread

Beat the eggs, milk and cinnamon together.  Dip bread (both sides) in egg mix.  Cook on griddle or skillet on medium heat.  Enjoy!  Yes it's that easy, and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...